MEXICO MISSIONS TRIP
Join us for a week long mission’s trip in Ensenada, Mexico. Our main goal will be to build a home for a single mother from Casa Esperanza. This Christian ministry helps families who have left physically abusive relationships and are trying to get back on their feet. There are no construction skill requirements and there seems to be a job for all age levels to participate in. All the tools and hands on supervision will be provided. From the very start you will be involved in every process of the building by mixing and pouring the concrete, constructing the walls, attaching the roof structure, hanging sheet rock and taping, and troweling on two coats of exterior plaster (stucco). In addition to the home build there will be opportunities for prayer, gospel outreaches, and ministry to children at Casa Esperanza. Each day we’ll have times with our team to pray, worship, hear a devotional and do a daily debrief. Expect to be stretched and blessed as your serve the Lord in Mexico.
We have space for 15 men and 15 women to join us. You can reserve your spot by paying in full for your trip on a first come first serve basis. Kids middle school age and older are welcome to join their parents.
Sunday (1pm), 6/5/22 – Friday (8pm), 6/10/22
Sunday (1pm), 7/31/22 - Friday (8pm), 8/5/22
$350 / person
This cost covers all your meals & drinks (from dinner on 6/5 to dinner on 6/10; from dinner on 7/31 to dinner on 8/5), housing, transportation, ministry supplies, and travel medical insurance. Payments must be made with a credit or debit card online. Refunds are available on the following schedule for team 1: 1/31/22 (100%); 3/31/22 (75%); 5/15/22 (50%); we will not be able to provide refunds after 5/15/22. Refunds are available on the following schedule for team 2: 2/31/22 (100%); 4/31/22 (75%); 6/31/22 (50%); we will not be able to provide refunds after 6/31/22.
Las Tres Palmas is nestled in a quiet neighborhood in the south end of Ensenada which sits on the Baja Peninsula. Sleeping will be in dormitory style bunk beds in two rooms of 15 beds in each. Due to this setup, families cannot be housed together.
What to Bring
- Passport (or Passport Card): A scan must be emailed to email@example.com by 5/1/22.
- Sleeping bag & pillow
- Toiletries (tooth brush/paste, shampoo, soap, etc.)
- Clothes (shorts, pants, t-shirts, light jacket or zip up, closed toed shoes, flip flops, bathing suit, etc.)
- Bible and a pen
- $20 spending money in $5 or $1 bills to use on our “fun day” at La Bufadora 🙂
- Minors without parents will need a parent’s note about any medication they need to take and the minor’s name must be on the prescription bottle.
- Space is limited in our vans so please try and pack everything in a backpack or carry on size luggage (no full size luggage is allowed).
- Interest meeting: Sunday, 1/30/22 at 1pm in the Next Steps room
- Team 1 meeting: Sunday, 5/15/22 at 5:00pm for dinner at Miguel Jr's. 39713 Avenida Acacias Murrieta.
- Team 2 meeting: Sunday, 7/10/22 at 1:00pm for lunch in Next Steps Room